A local program will introduce people to Buddhist thought and practice
Volusia County, FL (USA) -- Change Your Mind Day was founded in 1993 by the Tricycle Foundation as an afternoon of free Buddhist meditation instruction. Now a worldwide annual event, the day features teachers from many Buddhist traditions coming together in communities to talk about and demonstrate their practices.
The Volusia Buddhist Fellowship, a DeLand-based ecumenical Buddhist meditation association, and the Ormond Beach Sangha will present Volusia County's fifth annual Change Your Mind Day from noon to4 p.m. Sept. 19. The event will be held at the Unitarian Universalist Society, 56 N. Halifax Drive, Ormond Beach.
Admission is free. For more information, call the Volusia Buddhist Fellowship at 386-738-3715 or visit the Web site at sanghawv.org.
The local program will feature teachings and guided meditations from teachers in several Buddhist traditions, including:
· Than Chaokhun Phra Vijitrdhammapani, abbot, Wat Florida Dhammaram, Kissimmee (Theravada).
· Paul "Enmei Jizo" Cummins, monk, Kuge-In Temple at the Brevard Zen Center, Cocoa Beach (Zen).
· Michael Kane, Insight Meditation Community of East Central Florida, Ormond Beach (Vipassana).
· Mike Ladwig, Ormond Beach Sangha, Ormond Beach (Tibetan).
· Morris Sullivan, Volusia Buddhist Fellowship, DeLand (Western Ecumenical).