Home > The Americas > US West

Monk dies after fire in Buddhist temple

The Associated Press, Sept 18, 2009

CERES, Calif. (USA) -- A Buddhist monk has died after an electrical fire in a San Joaquin Valley temple.

An official with the Ceres Fire Department says the monk died after inhaling smoke as he and others tried to put out a fire Friday afternoon at the Cambodian Buddhist temple in Ceres.

Fire Battalion Chief Bryan Hunt says the fire was sparked by an electrical overload in a back room of the temple.

Hunt says the victim and others were fighting the fire with garden hoses, when the monk collapsed. The name of the victim has not been released.

The fire was contained in the back room, with damage estimated to be about $2,000.


Google
 
Web www.buddhistchannel.tv www.buddhistnews.tv




About Us
Get Breaking Buddhist News in your Email. Free subscription.

Please help keep the Buddhist Channel going

 

Point your feed reader to this location
Event Calendar
Wikipedia: Buddhism by Country
Sangha Directory
Ecards
Wallpapers
E-Library
Archives
Sitemap
Submit an Article
Write to the Editor
Affiliation Program

      About The Channel   |   Disclaimer