Home Healing & Spirituality
"The Moment of Peace"
by Dean 'Jagaro' Crabb, themomentofpeace.com / The Buddhist Channel, April
One hour, one million people, united in silence
Sydney, Australia -- "The Moment of Peace" is based on a simple idea : That a single person being mindful and silent can create peace for all humanity. That single person is you!
Turn off the TV and radio, put down your arguments, differences and weapons and just sit and be mindfully silent and present with each other and life for just an hour. Through doing this, we begin a process of transformation and healing both internally, externally and with those around us.
How to Participate
Mindful Silence is a simple action that anyone and everyone can do. This world movement each year is a symbolic gesture to show as individuals we can make a difference to create a better world. It starts with your ability to just stop, be silent and mindful of life, as it is, for an hour. That is all!
Participating in the "The Moment of Peace" is completely free.
You can choose to meditate or pray during this time based on your own beliefs or religion, or you can just simply sit in silence and enjoy life.
Mindful Silence in Action
Through this act of Mindful Silence, we allow our struggles to gradually quieten down and we let go our differences. In time, our problems cease to exist in this silence - this is real peace.
Eventually we come to see that we are all united in this living experience and that we all have the same quest for peace and happiness. In the silence of being present with life, we gain a greater clarity about our meaning in life and what real peace is.
When done regularly, Mindful Silence has long-lasting benefits for yourself and those around you.
A Unified Message
Participating in the "The Moment of Peace" sends a unified, worldwide message, not only to our leaders, but also to the rest of humanity:
- That change on a larger scale starts through change in ourselves.
- There are more constructive and effective ways than war and violence to bring peace.
- That people from all religious, spiritual, geographic and cultural backgrounds can actually unite harmoniously under a single, common embracing premise for the betterment of humanity
- It is necessary that we teach and experientially show our children how to better manage the human experience - emotions, thoughts and psyche - to live well, be happy and create peace.
- That we can bring peace within ourselves and in our communities by taking time to be mindful and silent regularly.
- That Mindful Silence is a necessary daily life skill for our happiness and peace.
Help Spread the Word!
The goal is to get 1 million people participating in the "The Moment of Peace" in 2011. Help spread the message about the simplicity of Mindful Silence as a necessary life skill and a means to achieving real peace. Share this with a friend and be a part of "The Moment of Peace" in 2011.
If you intend to participate, be sure to register your interest by voting above. Let's get 1 million people!
Register for "The Moment of Peace"