Dalai Lama's Atlanta schedule
The Atlanta Journal-Constitution, Oct 16, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia (USA) -- Large public event Monday in Centennial Olympic Park. Schedule of events for the Dalai Lama's visit
Throughout the visit
• Buddhist monks perform music and chants and create a mandala, or sand painting, in honor of the visit. Exhibit is free and continues through Tuesday, Oct. 23. Woodruff Physical Education Center, Emory University.
• Concert of traditional Tibetan music at 7:30 p.m. Michael C. Carlos Museum, Emory University. Free but tickets required.
• Mind and life seminar. Scholars and the Dalai Lama in a day-long conference on mental health, behavioral sciences and Buddhist contemplative traditions. 9:30 a.m. Woodruff Physical Education Center, Emory University. Tickets required.
• Mystical Arts of Tibet: Sacred Music and Dance for World Healing. Glenn Auditorium, Emory University. 7:30 p.m. Sold Out.
• The Dalai Lama teaches the Buddhist community of Atlanta. 9 a.m. Woodruff Physical Education Center, Emory University. Tickets through the Drepung Loseling Institute: www.drepung.org.
• Summit on Religion, Conflicts and Peace Building. Dalai Lama and panelists from world faiths. 2 p.m. Woodruff Physical Education Center, Emory University. Sold out.
• Dinner to support the Emory-Tibet Science Initiative. Emory University. Tickets available to sponsors.
• Sponsorship information: www.dalailama.emory.edu/sponsorship/index.html.
• Dalai Lama lectures and is installed as presidential distinguished professor. Woodruff Physical Education Center, Emory University. Not open to the public.
• Dalai Lama lecture: Educating the Heart and Mind: A Path to Universal Responsibility. Centennial Olympic Park. Free and open to the public. Gates open 1 p.m. Music at 3 p.m. Program begins 4:45 p.m.